ADVERTISE WITH US

Shaggy Releasing Two New Albums: One Dancehall and Another Joint Sting Album


 Famous Jamaican musician, Shaggy he has revealed that he has two new albums to release: another Dancehall album and another, which the diamond-selling artist says will not only be a masterpiece, but will be unusual and unexpected, and according to him, work remains. '

Although he did not go into details, the happy Shaggy said that the "wonderful album", is made in collaboration with the famous British singer and former leader of The Police, Sting, who also serves as a producer.

"Something is coming to me with Sting that is amazing. And it's not what you expect. We've finished the album. I'm not ready to announce it, but it's not what you expect. It's not 44/876. It's Sting and Shaggy. It's a very left field is crazy and good, Shaggy told BBC 1Xtra correspondent Seani B during a recent interview.

"I'll tell you this: I've been doing this for 30 years, and I've made the best album I've ever made in my life. And none of the songs I've written… It's amazing. I'll tell you this: Sting is a very good producer," the 53-year-old said. .


In 2019, Shaggy and Sting won the Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album, by 44/876. The album was released in April 2018 and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Reggae Albums chart and ranked 40th on the Billboard 200. It was also listed in the UK, Spain, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium, Hungary, Australia, Austria, France, Italy, and Germany where it got first place.

Shaggy revealed this when he and Seani discussed how the authenticity of Dancehall music and "street" was in pushing songs to glory.

"I've got my Dancehall album coming out. It's with the Do-Dems [Mi Nuh Know] and listen to Dexta Daps and Shaggy. Watch another Spice come up," the Boombastic singer said.
Shaggy's cheerful mood seemed to be contagious, as Seani B who was also excited replied: "I've never seen you so excited".

"Hol on nuh, There's Spice in there, and then there's Spice-winning Grammy. Hol on deh, when dat come, lawd! I enjoy music; that's all I can say, "Shaggy added happily.

Shaggy has released 16 studio albums in his music career, the biggest of which is Hot Shot, which he released in 2000, on the MCA Records label. Hot Shot, which included several songs It Wasn't Me and Angel, has been approved as platinum six times in the United States.

Shaggy won his first Grammy for the album Boombastic, which was released in 1995. Boombastic was approved as platinum in the United States and gold in the UK. It also ranked 34th on the Billboard 200, topped the Reggae Albums chart in the United States, and finished 37th on the UK Albums chart.

Clothes Drop, Intoxication, Summer In Kingston and Out of Many One Music, all received Grammy nominations, while It Wasn't Me won Best Pop and Vocals.

Meanwhile, the Hot Shot artist also expressed satisfaction with the world being open and will be able to do shows and tours, as he missed performing live shows.

"Let's focus on the UK. I think we are coming sometime around June. We have a lot of shows in the UK, very big, very nice UK - mi goin on all a dem because mi jus waan lef mi yard to tell yuh di truth. I am tired of staying home. I have some one-off show, bwoy mi waan hit di road haad. Mi jus a seh: put mi pon everything right now; mi nuh even care, ”he said

No comments: