ADVERTISE WITH US

Shenseea Recorded "5 Or 6 Songs" for Kanye West's 'DONDA Album' That Didn't Work Well

 

Jamaican singer Shenseea says he recorded five or six songs with American rapper Kanye West, which did not do well on his album Donda.
On Thursday, Blessed singer arrived at the Power 106 studios in Los Angeles and parted ways with Justin Credible of LA Leakers and DJ Sourmilk. While answering a question about the number of songs cut from Donda — from him and other artists — Shenseea admitted that he “almost never released the album.” "I was there looking at people like 'yow, he didn't even put me on the album' and I said, 'believe me, I almost never made an album either," he told the organizers. Shenseea revealed that she discovered that only two songs, OK OK Pt 2 and Pure Souls, dropped when the album was released on August 29. "I love it because it's unpredictable but I don't like it because I don't even know it," she continued. “Then I ended up the second song? I've never seen that happen before. ”

She took the time to show love for Ye and even got into how their partnership came about. "I was like, how could he know about me," he said recalling the first time Kanye's team approached him. At first, he thought it was a scam. Later, when he met Ye, he discovered that it was his free style on the Crocodile Teeth riddim during his interview at Funk Flex in July 2021 which attracted his attention.

Acknowledging that participating in Donda was the highlight of the year, Shenseea went on to say that he considered her as a family. “I love Kanye once. Seeing him on social media and being around him is completely different. He is a living inspiration. ”

When asked about getting such a big permit early in his career, Shen again gave the artist props for being on top of music and not inspiration.

"People love power so much, they never try to give a chance to the lower castes. None of us are too big so it shows me that he is doing it at will and not just selling," he said.OK OK Pt 2 and Pure Souls featuring Roddy Rich ranked 12th and 52nd on the Billboard Hot 100, respectively. Shenseea's contribution to the West album has earned him a Grammy Award for Best Album of the Year at the next 64 Awards of the Year in April.

Ye have since monitored Donda 2 on February 23, released exclusively through its Stem Player service. It featured unconventional sounds from XXXTentacion, Baby Keem, Migos, Future, Travis Scott, Alicia Keys, Soulja Boy, The Game, and more.

Is it possible that we can still hear those Shenseea songs / passages that have not produced good results? You never know.

See the full interview below.

No comments: